At this level the learners would be expected to achieve the following :
- Read, understand and obtain information from short, straightforward chronological, continuous descriptive, explanatory texts from everyday sources
- Respond to written straightforward information, narratives, explanations and instructions from everyday sources.
- Speaking and listening
- Listen to other people and speak to convey information, feelings and opinions on familiar topics
- Speak to respond using appropriate formality for the situation, including when making points and responding to others in discussions.
- Write to convey information and opinions with some adaptation for the intended audience, using correct punctuation, grammar and spelling.